MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - MMA Forum Fantasy Tournament - Lightweight

View Single Post

Old 01-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
sirdilznik
Bohab For Life!

sirdilznik will become famous soon enoughsirdilznik will become famous soon enoughsirdilznik will become famous soon enoughsirdilznik will become famous soon enoughsirdilznik will become famous soon enoughsirdilznik will become famous soon enoughsirdilznik will become famous soon enoughsirdilznik will become famous soon enoughsirdilznik will become famous soon enoughsirdilznik will become famous soon enough
OK folks, it's time for the first round of the tournament! I had hoped to get more replies to make the selections as democratic as possible during the seedings, but I understand this subforum isn't the most active and I appreciate the replies that I did get

Anyway based on my own picks, forum member replies, and the MMA Weekly LW rankings the first round matchups are as follows (Note: Genki Sudo and Shinya Aoki were tied for 7th and 8th... I flipped a coin):

a) 1) Takanori Gomi vs. 8) Shinya Aoki
b) 4) Sean Sherk vs. 5) Gilbert Melendez
c) 3) Hayato Sakurai vs. 6) BJ Penn
d) 2) Norifumi Yamamoto vs. 7) Genki Sudo

Whether or not you made picks during the seeding process, anyone is welcome to participate in the first round (or any round for that matter). Simply post the fighters you think would win the 4 matches above (matches a,b,c, and d). If you feel like elaborating go ahead, If you just post the winners names, that's fine too. Remember everyone that posts gets an equal say in who moves on and the more people that get involved the better. I will post my own picks later on in the week. Just like the seeding round, there will be a full week for everyone to get their posts in and I will announce the semi-finals' participants next Sunday.

Self-proclaimed leader of the Bao Quach bandwagon
On the Handsome bandwagon
It's Hellga time!
sirdilznik is offline   Reply With Quote