MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - IronMan's Log

Thread: IronMan's Log
View Single Post

Old 01-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibretto9
How do you have time to train 6+ hours a day? You don't work or go to school?
That part of the log was done over the summer, when I was out of school and I just trained all day. Now I have school and I train after for 2-3 hours, more like a sports practice.

I wanted to add some stuff I started doing recently. For those who don't know, I do strictly body weight training, along with the occasional 10 pound curls while I watch TV.

I was doing pull ups this afternoon and I started to think about when I was little and did gymnastics (keep in mind, this is a long time ago). I started pulling my knees up to my chest and putting my ankles against the bar with each rep. This helps to stregthen the lower core, beyond just the target area of a regular pull-up which is the upper body.

A full rep, then, starts like a regular pull up, but when I get to the top I tuck my legs, lean my body back and touch the bar with either my shins or my ankles. I don't get as many reps in, but it definitely pushes me a little bit farther.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote