Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Forrest Griffin's First Interview Since His Loss To Anderson Silva

13K views 85 replies 51 participants last post by  Seperator88 
#1 ·
A little light humor, but there's an undertone of anger, annoyance, and a hunger to Bisping someone.

#5 ·
Quaaludes or methaqualone was a prescription drug used in the treatment of anxiety, called an anxiolytic, or to promote sleep. Methaqualone was a central nervous system depressant, and is comparable to barbiturates. When it was used in prescribed doses, it tended to promote relaxation, sleepiness, and for some, a feeling of euphoria.
Forrest seems a bit... off >_>

#29 ·
Humor as defense mechanism has always been Forrest's MO. He just happens to have more to defend against at the moment, more than his jokes can cover up.

#4 ·
Good to see he's still around but that was a really awkward interview. Didn't really seem like himself
Spot on, he really didn't want to be there. He really didn't want to address the Silva fight either. I like him, but it really seems like he hasn't moved on from all of this, he's just been hiding.

Poor guy, hopefully his next fight is tremendous.

#6 ·
Classic Forrest humor gotta love it. I would really like a fight between either Forrest and Franklin or Ortiz as they talked about on there but personally id rather see him against Ortiz. Letting a dude as loved as Forrest get back in the winning column by avenging a loss AND whooping on one of the most hated men in MMA would be enough to make most people forget all about the Silva loss.

#7 ·
I think that loss had a pretty big impact on Forrest, to say the least. He seems like a different guy now. You could tell he was trying to dodge the inevitable question on why he ran out after the Silva fight, and when it was asked to him he doubtlessly became upset and even a little flustered. I can understand why he doesn't like himself.

#9 ·
He honestly seemed a little... suicidal in the beginning of that interview.

Like trying to tell us he was. He just wanted to keep driving above the limit in a flashflood that killed 10 people?

Oh man Forrest. I hope he was just having an off day during this interview. He definitely seemed to be trying to be quirky instead of just being quirky.

#19 ·
I'm seeing slurred speech and sniffing back mucus either has irritated and has a cold or its classic early earning signs of brain damage. I've never heard an interview where he sounded like that. If I were DW and the UFC I would want a FULL brain work up done on him ASAP. That blood and guts style is entertaining but a few shots from a sharpshooter like Silva is really all takes.

#26 ·
LMAO, this tool is something else. Is he really trying to blame his loss on pills? LOL get real.

I agree though, he seems suicidal. Driving through that rain was. Sounds like he got married as soon as possible and now wants to somehow die. This guy is insane. You can tell he doesn't care what happens to him or whats going on around him. He didn't even anwser any of the questions correctly.

#27 ·
He looks like a man who is doing his first interview after having a very humiliating loss in his career and having to deal with the media again. You have to imagine, he's doing an interview so people who have been making fun of him all this time can sit and listen to how bad/good he is doing now. It's a lot of pressure and I'm not surprised he seems a bit off, a bit irritated, trying to keep the funny and a good attitude but struggling.

I'd be a bit off and pissed too if I was doing an interview for "fans" that have been making fun of me for a while too.

If anything, I think he's doing very well since he didn't tell everyone to go **** themselves for being such douches when he wasn't doing well.

#32 ·
Was sort of a weird interview. Personally, I don't think he should feel too bad about that fight. He fought a guy that made Rich Franklin and Nate Marquardt look bad.

Anyways, I'm happy to see Forrest again and I hope he does fight Ace next!

#34 ·
Man.. I really don't think he likes himself at this point. I mean, for one, that was a sick burn by the reporter. But seriously, he has nothing to say about his loss, it was just that bad I guess.

Hell, I don't blame him. What would I say different?

#42 ·
I don't understand why he doesn't just say "Yeah I didn't implement my gameplan properly and paid the price, credit to Anderson. I left the cage because I was p*ssed off with myself and my performance and just wanted to get out of there. Its in the past now though and its time to move on and keep training."

Why is that so difficult? If he just addressed things head on people would stop going on about it. Doing an interview and ducking questions everyone wants to hear answers to is pointless. He hasn't exactly helped himself in all of this, I'm sure it would be a lot better for him if he just dealt with it head on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.