MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - P90x fitness routine for fighters?

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2009, 01:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
negativa
MMA Fanatic

negativa has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I think people here are either overestimating or underestimating P90x. P90x has been marketed as a product for "getting into shape" mainly to target a larger customer base, i sincerely doubt if people with no or little physical activity can achieve much from it. Most of it is bodyweight training accompanied by a little weight training. It focuses more on building stamina and stabilizer muscle strength, which makes it useful or atleast not completely useless for MMA. Personally (I basically rely on BJJ and Capoeira), I think, Yoga-X would definitely be useful especially for Capoeiristas and JJ guys, Legs and Back is a good routine and so is shoulders, back and triceps. The Kempo, Cardio and Plyo can be substituted with Bas's Muay Thai and all round MMA routines. P90x will help you develop general strength without costly equipment and too much time. Choose the exercises judiciously and couple it with Bas's workouts - say something like doing P90x in the morn and bas's workouts in the evening. I think that's worth a try. Agreed that Horton's a creep, but he's not come up with something thats total crap.
negativa is offline   Reply With Quote