Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Mark Coleman pulls out of UFC 106 according to Tito Ortiz

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  poundedout45 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Gavin Vincent @ fiveknuckles said:
It appears as if UFC hall of famer, Mark Coleman has pulled out of his upcoming fight against Tito Ortiz at UFC 106. In a recent Tweet, Ortiz guarantees he's going to kick "someone's ass" on Nov. 21.

Ortiz was scheduled to make his Octagon return against the former champion but in light of these recent updates, the UFC is likely scrambling to find Ortiz a new opponent.

Its unknown as to the cause of Coleman's apparent removal from 106 but Ortiz claims he "sissies out!!!" and questions "Who's next???".
This is probably the best thing for Coleman and the worst thing for Tito, if true.

#10 ·
hmmmmmm, I wonder who will step up to replace Coleman then?

They will give him Bonner i reckon.

Reactions: MagiK11
#20 ·
Hammil and Jones are fighting eachother at the TUF Finale, it's the main event at that event. So it won't be either of them.

I'd like to see Forrest Griffin step up personally. Would be a massive test for Tito in his first fight back, and it'd be a good return for Forrest if he pulls off a win. Wouldn't be too disastrous for Tito's UFC career if he loses to a high rank LHW fighter like Forrest on his return either, and if he was to pull off a win it'd be a massive return. If Forrest's not an option, then I suppose Jardine wouldn't be bad either.

#24 ·
Ortizs oponent

Obviously it will be a big name since it is the co main event. Also, I think it should be someone coming of a loss since Tito is also coming back for the first time since losing to Machida a year ago.
-Forrest Griffin-Coming of a loss to A. Silva.
-Keith Jardine-Coming of a loss to Thiago.
-Chuck when he's done dancing
-winner of Couture/Vera
-Rich Franklin-Coming of a loss
Thoughts or rumors on who it might be now that Coleman's out?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.