MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I think I am ready to compete... What next?

View Single Post

Old 05-28-2006, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Don
Welterweight

The Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really nice
I think I am ready to compete... What next?

OK while I watch MMA stuff on TV and have been training in different Art forms since I as about 6 year old, Other then a few regular Martial arts Tournements when I was much younger I have not really done any serious competition. Now I do not know if it because I am 28 now and am just curious to test myself or what. But I am seriously debating throwing my hat into the ring so to speak.

Here is a bit of my training background.
Started off in Judo when I was about 6, after about 5 years got out of officical traning, but did some greco-Roman wrestling with My Uncle and brother who was on the school team. I studided privately with some friends and people I know in styles such as Muay Thai, Capoeria ( I so sucked at this one) and did lots of grappling work before I officaly started training again in a ninjitsu school for about a year then went into the military. I then did another year of training in ( pardon the spelling i know I am going to kess this up) Kosho Shorei More recently I have studied some Tang Soo Do and Insinryu ( again spelling) . If anyone has any training suggestiong or advice, or even were to go to find local competions ( nashville, TN by the way) I would be glad of the help. Thank you

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline   Reply With Quote