MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jake Shields talks Jason Miller and UFC

View Single Post

Old 10-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Randomus
Bantamweight

Randomus is a jewel in the roughRandomus is a jewel in the roughRandomus is a jewel in the roughRandomus is a jewel in the roughRandomus is a jewel in the roughRandomus is a jewel in the roughRandomus is a jewel in the roughRandomus is a jewel in the roughRandomus is a jewel in the roughRandomus is a jewel in the roughRandomus is a jewel in the rough
Jake Shields talks Jason Miller and UFC

Recently chatted with Strikeforce stud Jake Shields, and here's a few tidbits from the article (which is fully available here):

Shields isn't known for his standup, but said this regarding his still evolving game:

Quote:
"I work with Tareq Azim, Rob Kaman and spar with Nick Diaz, the guys at American Kickboxing Academy (AKA) and Fairtex," Shields said. "I tend to go to my strength, which is jiu jitsu, but I feel confident in my stand up, but of course I'm always working to improve it and all the aspects of my game."
Also explained what happened when Elite folded:

Quote:
"When Elite folded they held onto all the contracts," Shield said, noting his camp hired an attorney to help get them out of the Elite contract if nothing could be resolved. "When Strikeforce bought Elite and all the contracts they held, we decided we could work with them and it made more sense to befighting rather than sitting and waiting for the legal system. Strikeforce is a good company and with CBS coming on board it should really help make another push for MMA."
Again, feel free to [url=http://www.heavy.com/post/jake-shields-looks-ahead-to-mayhem-miller-ufc-826]check out the full article[/quote].

Cheers!
Randomus is offline   Reply With Quote