MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - WWE’s McMahon Thinks Wrestling is “More Sophisticated” Than MMA

View Single Post

Old 10-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
k2monster
MMA Fanatic

k2monster has a little shameless behaviour in the past
WWE’s McMahon Thinks Wrestling is “More Sophisticated” Than MMA

http://sherdogblog.craveonline.com/b...09-10-13#20324

Quote:
Tuesday, October 13 10:34 am PT: The handful of times I’ve stumbled upon professional wrestling in the past ten years, I’ve witnessed the following:

1. A man getting hit over the head with a bed pan.
2. A woman being dragged around by her hair by a man.
3. Vague recollections of Ken Shamrock eating dog food and David “Tank” Abbott behaving as some kind of bodyguard for a faux-boy band. The latter made me tear up a little.

Clearly, I have not been exposed to the right parts of Vince McMahon’s World Wrestling Entertainment empire; in an interview with the Mercury News on his company’s business climate and outlook, McMahon describes his product as “more sophisticated.” More sophisticated than what? A lump of clay? Pots and pans clanging together? A test pattern?

No -- mixed martial arts. "You really can't compete with that," he said of the rival pay per view attraction. "Why not deliver a more sophisticated product and not go to those extremes? If the audience wants those extremes, they know where to go and how to get it.” And if they want misogyny, bad acting, or below-syndication-level scriptwriting, they know where to get that, too.
this made me laugh out loud, seriously now folks is the WWE more "sophisticated" than mixed martial arts?

Sure the WWE was entertaining 10 years ago when we were half our age, but get your head out the clouds, how can you compare the fakest show on cable television to the realest sport in the world?

let me know what you guys think
k2monster is offline   Reply With Quote