Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Travis "The IronMan" Fulton

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Zuke 
#1 ·
#10 ·
Why shouldnt that fight have happened? The guy looked very confident in his style going in correct? It shows practicioners that you should try your style against other styles before you think your ready for an mma match. So by getting smashed, that guy no doubt learned from his experience. Just like millions of others do when they think their badass and walk into a dojo and expect to beat people up.They either get beat and never return or they take it on the chin, suck it up, get humble and stay and learn. You gotta lose to learn.

#11 ·
Not so much about styles but more about other differences in the competitors. I think Fulton had 60+ MMA bouts at that point in his career and the other guy (I believe...and hope) was making his MMA debut. There is also a significant weight difference in the two competitors.

Granted this was back in 1998 when MMA was enjoying less rules and regulations but based on the information I just provided I don't think anyone would have seen that fight going any differently than it did. Granted Bullock had no idea how the ground game worked and it was obvious, but that slam was largely due to weight difference.

As much as I love the MMA of old I do find that I prefer the pairing of equally experienced and equally sized competitors.

**EDIT**
The mid-to-late 90s rules are what made Royce's achievements so legendary. I'm pretty sure he had the edge on experience and the gi always helped.

#12 ·
I totally agree with you. But he did make the choice to fight, he obviously thought he was gonna show off his skills, im sure he learned from this. For the record, ive been smashed from a slam more than once myself and learned to not hold on while im being picked up, especially by a larger guy.How bout the ring girl? Shes pretty hot eh?:)

#15 ·
Here is an example of some of his commentary that is frequently thrown around the web.

http://www.fightsport.com/fightsport/news/2005_06_12_fightsport_archive.html

For years I have predicted how the next great plague will come about. I think that it will come in the form of HIV/AIDS.

Now with the US jumping over the 1 million mark in HIV/AIDS we are a step closer to my prophecy coming true.

Ive stated numerous times that the rise in interacial sex mostly white women with black or hispanic men, will initiate the next great plague.

With blacks accounting for 51% and hispanics 28% of the US HIV population. The crazy thing is that blacks represent over half of the US AIDS cases, but only account for 11% of the US population.

How often do you see black men with black women anymore? It is only a matter of time before these infected white women in turn infect white men.

Now of course HIV is highest in homosexuals. Well once again, homosexuality is booming right now. Everybody knows or has met somebody who is gay. There are also tons of bisexual men out there as well. They will also in turn infect the white women who will in turn infect white men.

Now I know Im going to take a lot of slack from the liberal idiots out there who say Im a racist for stating such facts, and they will also say that AIDS is higher in the minorities because they grow up in the projects, or some dumb excuse like that. So have at me. - Travis Fulton.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.