MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Where does Machida Karate go from here?

View Single Post

Old 10-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
KnockedTFO!
Banned

KnockedTFO! Needs A HugKnockedTFO! Needs A HugKnockedTFO! Needs A HugKnockedTFO! Needs A HugKnockedTFO! Needs A HugKnockedTFO! Needs A HugKnockedTFO! Needs A HugKnockedTFO! Needs A HugKnockedTFO! Needs A HugKnockedTFO! Needs A HugKnockedTFO! Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIC View Post
Personally thought it was Shogun's speed causing Machida problems more than leg kicks or anything. Shogun was beating him to the shot - something I haven't seend before.
I agree it's not the kicks. Muay thai kicks aren't new to Machida. He knows them well & against anyone else he would've been able to avoid them. But with pace & speed Shogun was pressing at him with he didnt get a chance to set himself up like he usally does in jumping in & out of the pocket. His karate's been exposed, there's no correcting it unless he completely change's style & add new attack tatics. Take Chuck Lidell for example, his style was figured out & everyone else after the Rampage knockout capitalized on it. But than again with Machida, I only think Shogun can give him the trouble no one else in the LHW has the muay thai technique of his caliber.

Last edited by KnockedTFO! : 10-25-2009 at 11:07 AM.
KnockedTFO! is offline   Reply With Quote