MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Where does Machida Karate go from here?

View Single Post

Old 10-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
coldcall420
Banned

coldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty corner
Hard to answer really IMO, it doesn't really need to go anywhere. It does need to incorporate a defense for the leg kicks(Lyoto reminded me of Rampage just eating them) but basically there is something else to work on defending you incorporate that into his training. The same training that won him the fight with his effective countering that Goldie and Joe said ZERO about.....

Here's what I overwhelmingly remember about last night....

Shogun landing nasty leg kick...Rogan freaks...at the point Rogan is freaking Lyoto has landed 3-4 head shot flush and not a word of them, then that turned into " he's just landing those leg kicks" with no comment on Lyoto's countering....

If your an honest MMA fan, go back rewatch the fight and focus soley on Machida's countering....even if you hate the guy you will see he is landing and then pay attention to see if you hear Rogan or Goldie saying a word about those counters.......THE DIDNT.....

People on the forum are smart, some people get wrapped up in what they are told from the UFC....example...Joe or Goldie will talk a fighter up when we all know that said fighter isn't all they are trying to make him out to be.....like listening to the way they described Alves before he fought GSP...trying to bring Alves to that level that GSP is in everyones mind, but in the wash the truth comes out....
Mute the fight watch it ten times then watch it the 11th listening to Joe and Goldie.....

I think the Judges saw alot more than we were....

coldcall420 is offline   Reply With Quote