MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Where does Machida Karate go from here?

View Single Post

Old 10-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #31 (permalink)
alizio
Banned

alizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD View Post
Just slightly, very slightly. Rua had 17 head shots (overall) and Machida had 14 head shots. Also, Machida had more body shots to (i.e. knees, which could sway a judge's opinion). If you actually look at the post-fight presser, Shogun was licking his hand once maybe to see if he wasn't spitting up blood.

But still, I'd judge the match in Shogun's favor. Nevertheless, even Fedor lost a fight and was given a nicely wrapped decision.
yes, machida did land more body shots, 7 more to be exact, that sways an entire fight considering he was outstruck 82-42?? I know these mythical "precise machida counter punches" supposedly did alot of head damage, but i challenge anybody to rewatch this fight and count the headshots, i already have.... Rua hits more, even in super slow mo.... i give Machida credit for his TDD, it was/is superb. Im not even sure there is a flaw in his technique, moreso then Shogun is just much harder to time and much faster then Machida thought.

Speaking of the body shots.... Machida's ribs looked ready to be seasoned and cooked, after the 1st round, i think he prob took more body damage aswell, altho outstriking the body.
alizio is offline   Reply With Quote