MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - BJJ moves effective on the street.

View Single Post

Old 10-29-2009, 12:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
americanfighter
MMA Patriot

americanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By Allamericanfighter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacklistShaun View Post
BJJ is plenty effective on the street if you actually know what you are doing. I think that's the main factor in using it for self defense. It's the same with any martial art though, if you don't know what you are doing it wouldn't be all that effective.

I can think of plenty of subs that would be effective on the street....

Just to name a few off that I could see using:

Legs:
knee bar
heel hook
toe hold
straight ankle lock
calf slicer

Arms/shoulders:
armbar
kimura
key lock
100% lock
omo plata
straight arm lock
wrist locks

Chokes:
d'arce
brabo
anaconda
arm triangle
triangle
guillotine
ezekial
peruvian neck tie
10 finger guillotine
forearm choke
monson choke

Those are just a few different moves I can think of right off the top of my head that would be effective on the street. Bjj is all about position and if you can position yourself right for all these subs it's going to be impossible for some newb that knows no better to stop you from tearing him apart.

As far as your comment about the teeth coming into play and becoming a factor...go ahead and let me catch you in an armbar...you bite and I torque on that arm and let's see who ends up on the worse end of that exchange. Unless you've got rabies I'm gonna go home with a small bite mark (as much as you can bite before you beging screaming in pain from having your arm snapped) while you are going to the hospital to have your arm put back together. Just about any arm lock that might put you close enough to get bit is going to inflict far more damage than a bite ever could.
yha but as i said in my origonal post when someone can bite you losts of hose go out the window. arm bar bit the leg triangle bite the leg looking for one that keeps your body far enough away from the guys teeth so he cant bite you. thats the problem