Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Girlfriend interested in MMA fighting/training, where to start???

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Hawkeye6287 
#1 ·
My girlfriend is interested in training in MMA fighting. She is 24 years old and looking for a hobby, and it really seems to interest her. The problem is she doesn't even know where to begin, such as who to talk to, what types of classes to look for/take, etc. We live in San Diego so there is no shortage of fighting gyms, but based on reviewing their websites, none offer clear cut details for beginners. Just looking for a little direction, thanks in advance. . .

#2 ·
Well, is there a certain aspect of MMA she is more interested in? Kickboxing, Boxing, Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Judo...ect.

She could always start with one of those, if she wants to dive right in there are MMA gyms around that teach many styles.

I think one of the best things to do would probably be to go to the gyms and ask to talk to some instructors, or even just contact them through their info on their websites.

#4 ·
I got my GF into mma by starting her off with kickboxing. Don't know what the rates are like in San Diego but my trainer will do a one on one session of an hour for £10 - about $15. One on one sessions are easy to tailor to beginners. When she gets more comfortable join a more advanced class.
She is now as obsessed with it as I am.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.