MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Breaking into M.M.A. Training Log

View Single Post

Old 11-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #421 (permalink)
illmatic
Featherweight

illmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of lightillmatic is a glorious beacon of light
Went in to help training partner do some last minute preparation for the tournament this past weekend. I sprained my ring finger in a takedown and it's swollen to the size of my thumb. Luckily today I just regained the ability to bend it enough to make a fist. As for the tournament, I was pretty confident my training partner would do very well in his first tournament. Unfortunately, he was matched with one of our professional fighters (in a beginners division), same guy on both gi and no gi days. So he basically got smothered by a very mean looking, mesomorphic specimen of a man. Bummer. I looked at the division I would have been in, it was the same guy from my gym that I had to roll two days in a row, and one of our fighters Darwin. I'm not paying 90$ to roll the same ******* guys I roll 2-3 times a week in the gym. Poor turnout I guess.

Went in for more burpees

Burpees (5x3 minute rounds, 1 min rest)
1 - 31
2 - 27
3 - 25
4 - 24
5 - 22
Total - 129

7 Up from last weeks, now we're getting somewhere. I lost my girlfriend this weekend so we should be seeing a more dedicated and spiteful me for the next little while. Also get my car back this week. Then Vegas in less than two weeks. BJJ tonight.
illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote