Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Fedor Emelianenko: "I Still Have Gaps in My Techniques, Skills... We're All Human"

3K views 35 replies 22 participants last post by  Freiermuth 
#1 ·
Fedor Emelianenko: "I Still Have Gaps in My Techniques, Skills... We're All Human"

"I still have some gaps in my techniques, in my skills, and that’s why my trainers press me hard to work hard and improve. In spite of the fact that they try to work me hard and make my game perfect, I still, in some places, I look a little bit clumsy."

"I am the way that I am, but I always remember that the harder a person gets, the more it hurts to fall down. That’s why I think about all the results (that come from) what I do in a calm way. Also, I try to treat all people the same way. We’re all human beings, with two arms, two legs and all of us are equal in front of God."
bloodyelbow

Fedor is the man.

I'm sure he'll look much better in his next fight.

#3 ·
he called mirko a "bastard" when he KO'ed his brother

#10 ·
The greats in all sports critque themselves harder then anybody else does, that's how you always keep pushing to get better and one of the things i respect the most from fighters coming off a big win acknowledging some areas to improve (one of the reasons i really live Cain). Props to Fedor, there is a reason he has been at the top for so long.

#13 ·
just wondering why is it that when NEW posters on here point out these same gaps and say fedor's human like any other fighter, they get typical "fedor hater" or the "u never watched pride" insult thrown at them?
fyp

it's because too many think a differing and less spectatular opinion on a legend is insulting them personally and take it much too serious. If everybody just agreed about every fighter there would be no forum.

#16 ·
I could think of meaner words than just "bastard" when someone just ktfo your brother. He's the most humble respectful fighting in this sport.
Im the Russian and the things that Fedor said we much meaner than "bastard" (literally it was closer to "fu**ed in the mouth" and "bitch").

#20 ·
I LOVE that video. What a totally epic build up for the Crocop fight.

Also I always thought he was yelling at his brother in that video. He yells at him earlier for messin' up.

Man Aleks looks different in his fight against Crocop. His standup has improved about a 10000x since then, haha.

#21 ·
Aleks is a can beater, nothing more, anytime you put him in the ring with real talent, he will lose imo

Whats up with him fighting guys from Red Devil??

Great hype for the Cro Cop fight tho. But kicking Aleks in the head was elementry for him, Fedor shouldnt be mad ;)

#26 ·
I think Aleks would beat Cro Cop in a rematch today. This would have been such a stretch a few years ago, but Aleks has improved greatly since Pride, while cro cop has, well cro copped.

No bashing intended, i loves me some Mirko, but this guy has said himself the passion is gone. Ah, he would have looked so good with a heavyweight title around his waist.

#32 ·
"Блядь, сука. Пидар, блядь! Блядь, ебаный в рот, сука. Стоп! Пидар, блядь!"

It's kind of:
"Damn it, bitch! ******, damn it! Damn it, cocksucker (literally "fucked in the mouth"), bitch! Stop! ******, damn it!"

"Bliad’, suka. Pidor, bliad’! Bliad’, ebanyi v rot, suka. Stop! Pidor, bliad’!"

P.S.
1) Comparing "damn it" to russian "блядь", I'd say that russian version is a lot more offensive or maybe as offensive as "**** it".
2) "******" is pretty close to "пидар"
3) "Bitch" is very close to "сука", but it's bit more offensive than it's in English.
4) "Cocksucker" is the same as "ебаный в рот" in meaning.
Of course, everything is addressed to Mirko:):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.