MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Tim Silva maybe good stepping stone before new fighters hit Fader

View Single Post

Old 11-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #32 (permalink)
coldcall420
Banned

coldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty cornercoldcall420 Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
again, i picked rogers for fun, i would put his odds at about 1% to beat Fedor anytime, anywhere.

Tim got basically flash KO'd with a sub on top. If that punch had hit Rogers in the 1st and not the 2nd it would have been the same. On 1st viewing i thought Rogers did pretty well, upon 2nd viewing i realized all he hit was a jab, he reserved Fedor because he was going for a Kimura and even tho he had him pinned to the cage and he is a massive dude, he didnt keep him there more then 5 seconds and Fedor never took any big shots and got out the 1st chance he could. The 2nd round Rogers looked scared or something after a Fedor flurry and never let his hands go much at all. I think he may have a future but to book wins over very experienced guys as automatic is very premature imo i would pay for a Rogers/Kongo stand up war btw

Tim just never comes in shape or seems serious, he cant beat anybody and just wants a paycheck i think. I never liked him in his prime and like him less now, he is boring, repetitive and slow. I still cant guarantee Rogers beats him tho, he is still a step up to everybody he has fought minus Fedor. I know you hate to hear it, but Tim beat AA 2x... size or w/e excuse ppl want to use, its all part of the game and he did it, once is a fluke... twice is a trend..

I wouldnt call it a flash K/O with the Fedor and Timmy, really he choked him out it was simply the blws from Fedor that opened that opportunity up for Fedor......

Fedor did well on the ground going for the Kimura but Rogers was able to reverse him and his ground was better than expected. Rogers showed people some things the other night....I say that because he was able to do some things against a guy the caliber of Fedor...remember I dont think he has ever been on the ground before that fight(Rogers I mean)....

As far as AA....he lost twice to Timmy and beat him as well so...whatever...I agree that Timmy would be the next biggest name on Rogers resume' but at the same time I think were talkin about something that will never happen...
coldcall420 is offline   Reply With Quote