MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Mousasi vs Hendo

View Single Post

Old 11-13-2009, 02:24 AM   #28 (permalink)
alizio
Banned

alizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Keep in mind, rankings have a lot to do with how
they've dispatched their opponents.
He submitted Kang - a BJJ blackbelt - in the first round by triangle choke.
He TKO'd Musashi in 2 minutes in K1 rules.
Manhoef and Souza didn't make it through the first round or mount any real offense.

Then he totally WALKS through Renato and Mark Hunt (a 280lb HW)in half the time it makes to cook a hot pocket.
i have no doubt he is likely a top 10 in talent, but his resume doesnt warrant a top 10 ranking, unless we are ranking based on those questionable champions in strikeforce (i mean seriously, a WW that is MW Champ, a MW for most of his career that just moved up is LHW Champ, a LHW that is likely on roids is the HW Champ) then i dont see how disposing of a bunch of unranked guys and Babulu (if he was ranked top 10 at that time, i wouldnt but maybe top 20??). I personally would rank a guy who had Lay n Pray victories over a top 15 and a top 10 then rank a guy tooling mostly unknowns. Thats just how i personally think rankings should work, at the end of the day a W is a W the only time comparison of how ppl finish fights should be brought is, is when two high ranked guys have similar records, both with a big win or 2. JMO and im prob wrong because its obvious thats not how they do it, they do it on who is popular (suddenly anderson TOOLS forrest and he is top 10, but before that getting no love for his boring fights), who is exciting and who they want to promote or have a personal liking for or is generating crazy hype among the hardcore fans.

I dont see a point at being mad at me, this is just my opinion, of course you are entitled to your own, but no need to take anything personal
alizio is offline   Reply With Quote