MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Views On Canada and its ties to the British Monarchy

View Single Post

Old 11-15-2009, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Views On Canada and its ties to the British Monarchy

As a Canadian I have always questioned our relationship in this day an age with the British Monarchy, our parliament is still ran by a representative of the queen, our court of appeals is the court of queens bench. Even our money features Queen Elizibeth prominently. Now even though this is something I never understood (I never got the monarchy thing in general or why they are still around),but I have always thought it respectful especially as old women like my grandmother think so highly of the queen as a dignified woman. My question is to other Canadians or anybody else who wants to share there opinion but when the Queen inevitably passes should the connection end or should we recognize the new king in the same light? I mean we have been an independent nation for a long time and having a monarchy that is merely symbolic in there own nation as a figurehead seems meaningless. The only thing Im really unsure of is in today's UK would this been seen as a snub by a country that has always been one of our strongest allies?

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Rafael Silva*Zach Makovsky*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote