Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

What happened to Kang?

2K views 13 replies 14 participants last post by  osmium 
#1 ·
He looked great in the first round, then after those 2 takedowns and the ground and pound in rnd 2, he wilted. Not only that, but he was laying on the canvas for a long period of time afterward. Was it a conditioning issue? Did one of those takedowns really hurt him?

It sucks to see this guy put on awesome performances but always coming up short. He's so skilled but just hasn't been able to put it together in the UFC. I could see him getting dropped if he loses one more.

#2 ·
I dont know what was going on, it looked like he might have blown his load in the first. This isnt the first time he has started out a fight great and then lost it. He looked great against Mousasi and Akiyama up until those fights ended. I hope he gets another fight in the UFC.

#6 ·
To be honest I was really confused by this fight. He looked okay in the first round, sure he had Bisping down for the whole round, but he never really did anything with it. He kept going for transitions, but never really tried to hit him in between. I was more impressed by Bisping in this round.

And in the second round, I just didn't get how it ended. Bisping's punches looked as weak as Jake Shields. He had some decent punches land from standing in Kang's guard, but ALL the punches and that terrible knee at the end when Kang wilted, it just didn't add up as to why Kang would give up over those. It just seemed like Kang literally just gave up, even without being in any real danger.

#8 ·
I think Kang just assumed he would easily win any ground game and never felt any need to pull guard and hold Bisping close. It was like he kept trying to use his feet just to push Bisping off and maybe throw for an armbar/triangle once. I just think he under-estimated Bispings overall aggression on the ground.

#12 ·
Well, i was there and it was insanely hot in the arena towards the end of the night. I expected a lot more from Kang though, he disappointed me.

#13 ·
Kang makes alot of his fights look fixed . in alot of his losses he control the fight , and it was looking like he's going to destroy the opponent . but then something Turn off in him and he landed in some weak submission or getting down from some weak punches. maybe it's got something with his lack of heart , or maybe it's something else :dunno:

#14 ·
Kang looked like Kang this guy was never a real top 10 middleweight once people started to figure him out. In reality this was a fight between guys who are stuck in about a 20-30 member block of middling fighters at that weight class. They both will have huge flaws and will never come close to holding the belt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.