Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Anderson Silva at 205!

2K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  PunchYourNuts 
#1 ·
Im sure this has been brought up before so forgive me if so, I am new here. But am I the only one dying to see Anderson Silva at 205. There are so many more interesting fights for him there. Aside from Vitor Belfort who you can make an argument he doesnt deserve a shot at 185, Theres nothing there for Silva. Him & Marquart just doesnt do it for me. I dont see Nate taking that one. Now at 205 theres Shogun, Vera, Rashad, Thiago, and they dont want to do it but we all would like to see Silva vs. Machida I think.

How do you guys feel and what would you like to see?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Well, Anderson has already had 2 fights at 205 against James and Forrest, so it's nothing new for him.

As for him fighting there, it's a good thing, as the division is already stacked and he's cleaned out 185, so there's not much left for him there other than rematches (and Vitor).

#5 ·
I've seen both fights. and I said this has been probably brought up before so dont try that internet smack talk with the "go away". People that talk shit on the internet are garbage. Usually wouldnt say anything in person.

I just wanted to know everyones point of view on if Vitor deserves a shot, Who you would like to see him fight at 205or would you like to see him somewhere else and so on. Jeez just making conversation.

#13 · (Edited)
I've seen both fights. and I said this has been probably brought up before so dont try that internet smack talk with the "go away". People that talk shit on the internet are garbage. Usually wouldnt say anything in person.
Don't worry about that man.

We have a few trolls but you shouldnt pay attention to them.

I just wanted to know everyones point of view on if Vitor deserves a shot, Who you would like to see him fight at 205or would you like to see him somewhere else and so on. Jeez just making conversation.
I don't believe Vitor deserves a title shot but the funny thing is, he doesnt believe so himself either.

He publicly stated that he thought Nate Marquardt was more deserving than him lol

I guess a Vitor/AS title fight is more marketable than Marquardt/AS and that's why the UFC decided to put that fight together.

I'd like to see AS face Shogun at 205, or Machida (but that won't happen since they are training partners)

Just ftr, we have a "MMA newbie" section we just put up a few weeks ago, where the members who are either new to the sport or don't follow it as thoroughly as others, can ask every question they want they dont feel comfortable asking in the other MMA related sections.

#10 ·
I agree.

Silva should move up and STAY at Light Heavyweight.

There is nothing left to prove at MW, and I think it's a "joke" that Vitor Belfort might be his next fight. To my understanding, Silva has 3 fights left in his contract with the UFC. Fighting Belfort is a "waste" in my opinion.

I think Silva could beat Rashad Evans, Thiago Silva, Shogun Rua and of-course, Randy Couture.

Silva (vs) Machida is the match to be made. Too bad, it will never happen. (Unless you own UFC Unidisputed 2009 for the XBOX or PS3):thumb02:

#21 ·
I would like to see Silva vs GSP before he moves up! But He has had two fights at 205. One of them James Irvin, whch on was an impressive KO. But Irvins style has "KO me" Anderson written all over it. Then Forrest, a better challenge for him and he made one of the most respectful guys in UFC look like an ass. I do think that moving up to 205, however, will cement his legacy. If he can go u there and beat a dominant wrestler like Rashad or someone like that and maybe hold the title at one point, i will consider him top 1 or 2 GOAT.

My dream matchup is Anderson vs Lyoto. It will never happen. They are great friends and training partners and if they dont want to fight each other then ok. If u gave me a few hundred thousand I wouldnt fight my best friend either

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.