Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

King Mo: "My debut might be at heavyweight"

984 views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  _RIVAL_ 
#1 ·
King Mo says he's not racists; talks Strikeforce debut at heavyweight?

On recent comments about him being a racist...

"Yeah, I got some emails after that Strikeforce post-event interview I did with MMAFanhouse. I got a few emails from people saying I'm racist and then my brother and my training partner called me about comments that people were saying about me. They said people calling me a gorilla and saying this and that about me. I asked my boy, Daniel Cormier, to go check it out because I haven't seen it for myself, but he was like, 'Yeah, they bashing you.' He said, 'I don't know why, but they just talking bad about you saying that you are a racist.'"

"Alright, check this out. My head coach is white; check! My boxing coach is Mexican; check! My Kickboxing coach is Filipino; check! And my Jiu Jitsu coaches, one is from Brazil and one from South America. Man I train with people from all over. One of my Kickboxing sparring partners is from Thailand and another one is from Russia; check! I got someone from every continent dog, except Africa, and my boy Peter Graham is from Australia. My boy Conrad, I used to wrestle with him, he from South America. I got every continent except Africa and Antarctica. I'm cool as hell with Evan Shoman, the artist, and he Jewish."

On his Strikeforce debut...

"Mayne, you don't understand. I'm ready dog. I'm ready to do this, fight on Showtime and represent Dallas, Texas. I'm just ready to do my thang because it's about time I showcase my skills to the United States on cable TV."

"I don't know who it's going to be or at what weight to be honest. I heard Mike Whitehead and a couple of other names, but I'm not for sure yet. My debut might be at heavyweight. I'll go up there; I'm just trying to find a fight."

On the Fedor vs. Rogers fight...

"Here is the thing. Brett Rogers was doing well with the jab while he was moving and Fedor couldn't find him with that big right hand. The thing is Fedor usually could move better than the guys he is fighting, but it's different when he is fighting a guy with a good jab and could move. Arlovski could move somewhat and was giving him angles and he gave him problems. If you could move, you could give Fedor problems."
More in the full interview:

KING MO: "MY DEBUT MIGHT BE AT HEAVYWEIGHT"

#2 ·
Going to ignore the Fedor comments because they don't make much sense.

Ooohh, that would be stupid as shit. HW division is full of great wrestlers now and I read that Mo weighs in naturally at around 215....ie he was willing to, he should cut down to MW and just destroy people with his wrestling there.

#4 ·
"King" Mo should just stay at Light Heavyweight, or try and make the cut to Middleweight.

The heavyweight division is looking good already, but the LHW and MW divisions need some work.

Mo would destroy Shields at MW and a match-up against Mousasi at LHW would be awesome. :thumb02:

#7 ·
one is from Brazil and one from South America... nice one Mo. I got a friend from Canada and another from North America.

#10 ·
King Mo VS Antonio Silva makes sense. Bigfoot coming off of a loss. Mo looking to make a mark on HW division.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.