MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Who are some heavyweights Anderson Silva could beat?

View Single Post

Old 11-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Diokhan
Featherweight

Diokhan is on another level nowDiokhan is on another level nowDiokhan is on another level nowDiokhan is on another level nowDiokhan is on another level nowDiokhan is on another level nowDiokhan is on another level nowDiokhan is on another level nowDiokhan is on another level nowDiokhan is on another level nowDiokhan is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetpunk08 View Post
If Mir could get the fight down he would win no doubt imo, but I don't see Frank being able to close the distance to get the takedown without getting litup and hurt badly. The Kongo fight is interesting but speed kills and if a 185'er or 205'er cant land a shot on Anderson I doubt a heavyweight would be able to, I would definitely pay to see both fights though.
Lutter is a MW with not that impressive takedowns and he managed to take Silva down just fine without getting hurt.

Mir takes Silva down and subs him relatively easily, but I remember him saying in an interview that there is no point for him to take Silva down because there is no challenge in that. He said something like that he would bang with Silva because subbing a striker 2 weight classes below you means pretty much nothing, but if he managed to outstrike Silva the win would be more impressive. I'll try to find that interview when I get home, but yeah I can see his point...

Other than Mir I think Nog, Lesnar, Carwin, JDS, Cain and possibly Kongo & Al Turk would beat Silva, rest he could possibly handle unless I forgot someone important...