MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Marcus Davis

Thread: Marcus Davis
View Single Post

Old 11-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
BrianRClover
Welterweight

BrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halebop View Post
Marcus Davis is fun to watch. There can only be so many top contenders in a division and I don't think Davis makes the cut as a top WW but it doesn't mean he can't be a great fight for a bunch of cards to come.

Cutting to 155? I don't see it making a difference even if he can do it. At 155 he would just end up being a cut below the top talent there IMO and lose some punching power, his bread and butter.

I would rather see him as a good gatekeeper at WW rather than at LW.

I would like to see him fight Paulo Thiago next
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
He really has the frame of a LW.

If he trims a bit of muscle he could make 155 imo.
But I also agree with this...

I've heard that his casual weight is only around 180 to 185... a cut to 155 is not far fetched at all. Being closer to 40 than 30, I would just like to see him take one more shot a title contention... which I think is more likely at LW. Of course, moving away from GSP and moving into Penn's world, is pretty much like jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire... so, yeah, maybe he should stay where he is comfortable and keep putting on entertaining bouts.

Last edited by BrianRClover : 11-22-2009 at 01:00 PM.
BrianRClover is offline   Reply With Quote