MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - 5 Flyweights The WEC Needs To Pursue [Article]

View Single Post

Old 11-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Xerxes
<= MODERATOR=>

Xerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By All
Good read and even better initiative to write about this topic. + rep

I'm not too familiar with the FyW division myself but definitely excited to see them in the WEC.

A friend of mine's actually been training for a couple of years to one day compete as a pro at that weight class. He told me hed probably have to go to Japan (not that its a bad thing) because the options were very limited for 125ers here in NA. But that was before the WEC announced the addition of the new weight class.

He also told me hes working on his grappling a lot because the top guys (or the top guy? BJ) are/is very striking focused and good grappling would be the best asset to have to beat them/him.

I imagine the division is much newer than the 155-265 divisions seeing how many new comers/prospects there seem to be and how quickly they can fight (and beat) the top guys to establish themselves amongst the top.

Being a relatively new division (assuming), how deep is it talent wise?
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote