MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Let it Reign: Handicapping UFC Champions

View Single Post

Old 11-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
MagiK11
Resident Drunk

MagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraMaI View Post
Good article... only thing I didn't like is the "BJ Penn ranks the highest from a P4P perspective of all teh Champions" line. GSP and Anderson both out rank him IMO, not to mention GSP even BEAT him...
I agree with Chileandude's post. I think their talking about BJ as a 155 lbs fighter. But I can also some what you're saying. For example people use the fact BJ went to a decision with Lyoto as a heavy weight as a reason to cement his P4P status, but when he lost to GSP at 170 they discredit that fact.

But overall, I would say Anderson, BJ, and GSP are pretty much equal as P4P fighters but BJ is really a monster at 155.....and so is GSP and Anderson in their respected weight classes.

1. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
2. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
3. George "Rush" St Pierre
MagiK11 is offline   Reply With Quote