MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Machida vs Rua II in May

View Single Post

Old 11-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #19 (permalink)
ZZtigerZZ81
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY

ZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHawk View Post
Are you crazy? How in any way shape or form was Shogun's gameplan for the Machida fight the same gameplan for any of his other fights?
Shogun showed he can be more technical and patient. I don't know about you but I've never seen Shogun fight like that.

But, on the other hand you never see Machida coming in with any other gameplan than to utilize his speed and his stance to jump in and land strikes then move away.
Shogun pressures at the same rate...he was a little more cautious but his attacks were the same and came from the same angles as they always have. He has been more cautious in each of his fights in the UFC.

I think you are minimizing Machida's methods too BTW