MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Machida vs Rua II in May

View Single Post

Old 11-28-2009, 12:41 AM   #21 (permalink)
ZZtigerZZ81
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY

ZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
im willing to bet sigs, $, credits or w/e that machida wont have a different game plan and he will fight like he ALWAYS fights. He wont suddenly become aggressive and he wont suddenly start checking leg kicks. He will just look to counter and back pedal, counter and back pedal.

The only way i see him changing his game plan so to speak is if Shogun goes for the takedown but i dont think he will. But i think alot of ppl are expecting too much of Machida, he doesnt adjust, we saw that in the 5th round of a championship fight many ppl thought he was losing, at the very least he had to think that round could be the decisive one and what did he do?? The same thing he always does.
Not many people make in-fight adjustments...it really is odd too. Such professional athletes and few of them actually adjust their plans throughout the fight.

I never said he would come in with a different gameplan (and I realize you didn't quote me), I just think he will be more focused and prepared to defeat Shogun's. He clearly lost focus either in training or during the fight.