MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Machida vs Rua II in May

View Single Post

Old 11-28-2009, 12:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
alizio
Banned

alizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZtigerZZ81 View Post
Not many people make in-fight adjustments...it really is odd too. Such professional athletes and few of them actually adjust their plans throughout the fight.

I never said he would come in with a different gameplan (and I realize you didn't quote me), I just think he will be more focused and prepared to defeat Shogun's. He clearly lost focus either in training or during the fight.
i hear ya, but my thinking is, we've seen him vs strikers(T. Silva, Sok) bjj guys (Penn, T. Silva and Rua all have good/great bjj) wrestlers (rashad, tito) and the game plan always stayed the same and he always won. I think it would be a big mistake to go too far from the gameplan, it's his comfort zone and he is very good at it, if he strays to far i guarantee he will get KO'd.
alizio is offline   Reply With Quote