MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Machida vs Rua II in May

View Single Post

Old 11-28-2009, 12:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
ZZtigerZZ81
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY

ZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
im willing to bet sigs, $, credits or w/e that machida wont have a different game plan and he will fight like he ALWAYS fights. He wont suddenly become aggressive and he wont suddenly start checking leg kicks. He will just look to counter and back pedal, counter and back pedal.

The only way i see him changing his game plan so to speak is if Shogun goes for the takedown but i dont think he will. But i think alot of ppl are expecting too much of Machida, he doesnt adjust, we saw that in the 5th round of a championship fight many ppl thought he was losing, at the very least he had to think that round could be the decisive one and what did he do?? The same thing he always does.

Obv it was Shogun that showed the versaility last fight, he went from Wandy clone to a guy that picks his spots and moves in and out, a beautiful thing to see. He definately has more gears then Machida who is stuck in neutral all fight unless he has you hurt then you see a sudden flurry and think "why doesnt he do that more??".... prob because he loathes taking risks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
i hear ya, but my thinking is, we've seen him vs strikers(T. Silva, Sok) bjj guys (Penn, T. Silva and Rua all have good/great bjj) wrestlers (rashad, tito) and the game plan always stayed the same and he always won. I think it would be a big mistake to go too far from the gameplan, it's his comfort zone and he is very good at it, if he strays to far i guarantee he will get KO'd.
And I agree...but he needs to learn to deal with the body and leg kicks a little better because Rua really ate him up with those. That is what I was saying...his gameplan is good and you don't win all of your fights with out something that works in that area. But if it doesn't change (not drastically) then it will get beaten. Just like Tito's, Chuck's, Hughes', Franklin's, etc. If you aren't progressing then you are falling behind.