MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Machida vs Rua II in May

View Single Post

Old 11-28-2009, 12:55 AM   #24 (permalink)
alizio
Banned

alizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By Allalizio Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZtigerZZ81 View Post
And I agree...but he needs to learn to deal with the body and leg kicks a little better because Rua really ate him up with those. That is what I was saying...his gameplan is good and you don't win all of your fights with out something that works in that area. But if it doesn't change (not drastically) then it will get beaten. Just like Tito's, Chuck's, Hughes', Franklin's, etc. If you aren't progressing then you are falling behind.
at the end of the day his camp and the judges felt he won thge fight, hell his camp was talking about he won all 5 rounds.... im sure he will try subtle things to try and counter the leg kicks but im thinking if a big adjustment is gonna be done, it will be done from Shoguns side and he is capable of being much more aggressive but that may play into Machida's hands.

Either way, despite what many ppl thought, i enjoyed the last fight. A stand up chess match, both guys thinking about counters and displaying great defense and patience. I think the pressure is really on Shogun to "take" the title away from Machida in a undisputeable way, it may work against him.

Fighting Machida must feel to Shogun how Modern Warfare feels for me.... i wanna run out and be aggressive but i pay for it everytime so i just camp haha ;P
alizio is offline   Reply With Quote