MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC is hurting — Column

View Single Post

Old 12-01-2009, 04:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Ruckus
Big Dawg

Ruckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He Crosses
With 107 around the corner, which has a sick card, the next few PPV to follow are in trouble. 108 is a month away and is looking at only 3 main event fights right now. And than 109, Super Bowl weekend is in need of help. I may be wrong, but I thought I had read that GSP was pretty much good to go, certainly not for 108 which is a month away, but 8 weeks out from 109 should give him enough time for camp and prepare for Hardy. I don't know if that fight alone would solidify 109's main card, but it certainly helps. If JDS doesn't have an opponent for 108, maybe Carwin will be ready to fight for 109. Since Brock is out indefinitely, might as well make that fight happen. That puts us back to addressing the 108 issues, again just one month away. Quick thought, sign Hendo to a two fight deal, have him fight Belfort at 108, a fight that card desperately needs and also shuts up some of the squabbling while Silva recoups his elbow. Since they got Jones fighting Hamill, I'd like to see Bader in action on the 108 card; possible opponents could be Jardine, Vera, maybe even Lil Nog. All I know is the UFC has to get busy for the "Year End" card because as it stands now, I really don't see me buying that PPV and I would be hard pressed to think anyone else would either.