Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Ryan Bader vs Keith Jardine for UFC 110

4K views 48 replies 32 participants last post by  M_D 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=10132&zoneid=13

A light heavyweight bout has been added to the UFC's first trip to the land down under. "The Ultimate Fighter" Season 8 winner Ryan "Darth" Bader looks to keep his undefeated record in tact as he faces "The Dean of Mean" Keith Jardine.

The bout was confirmed to MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday by multiple sources close to the fight, who indicated bout agreements have been issued for the upcoming fight.

Bader (10-0) has looked strong in both of his fights since winning The Ultimate Fighter competition, most recently in a unanimous decision victory over Eric "Red" Schafer. The former All-American from Arizona State showed some dangerous stand-up to compliment his impressive wrestling background to batter Schafer for the better part of the fight to get the win.

Now taking a step forward in competition, Bader sets his sights on Jardine (15-6-1), who has been a perennially tough fighter, always in or hovering around the Top 10 of the 205-pound division.

With wins over fighters like Chuck Liddell and Forrest Griffin, it's no secret that Jardine is regarded as one of the toughest fighters in the UFC. Unfortunately he's fallen on tougher times lately dropping his last two fights, a decision to Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and a TKO loss to Thiago Silva in his last bout.

This fight has huge implications for both fighters. Jardine could be seen as fighting for his career after back-to-back losses, while Bader looks to get a win over a top-notch opponent in the light heavyweight division and vault to the next level.

While no official word has been made from the UFC about the bout, it's believed it will be shown on the pay-per-view broadcast. Stay tuned for more information on UFC 110 as it becomes available.

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cain Velasquez are expected to headline UFC 110, along with a middleweight contest pitting Wanderlei Silva against Michael Bisping.

not so bad of a card

-Michael Bisping vs. Wanderlei Silva (32-10-1)
-Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (25-7-2) vs. Ben Rothwell (30-7)
-Stephan Bonnar (11-6) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (18-9-1)
-Igor Pokrajac (21-6) vs. James Te Huna (12-4)
-Chris Lytle (27-17-5) vs. Dong Hyun Kim (12-0-1)

I like Stun Gun and Krystof this card is retty interesting to me along with the jardine bader fight its not so bad maybe 1 more fight to top it off

#15 ·
Yeah im a BIG Dan Hendo fan and Soszynski shows the Greco Roman Wrestling Dan's been teaching him when he takes people down. Its such a no bulshitting style that is sick ass to watch against other Styles, Im soooo flippen annoyed Henderson is not in UFC, because he wants the doe... He deserves it but should Dana be forced to pay because of shit he did outside UFC? I mean Dana owned Pride as well but guessing he is asking A LOT. But this will be interesting to see what Happens with Henderson because by law the UFC is able to MATCH any offer up to a year. So unless StrikeForce pays a amount that UFC will say F that (Which i HIGHLY doubt) We wont see Hendo fight for a year if thats the case and he wont go to UFC unless he gets his check. And if Hendo goes to Strike Force as much as i love gegard mousasi he would get smashed

#3 ·
This card is sick, the Bader/Jardine fight interests me a lot. I hope Bader works on his cardio a lot and can pick up the win and start getting his named tossed around in the potential contender mix (a win over Jardine wouldnt get him a title shot, but it would elevate him quite a bit).

#12 ·
No offense, but maybe a little too much fanboyism. To claim if it goes to the ground gives Jardine an edge does not take into account the fact that Bader is an all american wrestler, which translates into his ground game is pretty solid too. And as hard as his style is too predict, Jardine's offense in the octagon relies on his leg kicks. Bader should be able to nullify this with being aggressive and on the attack, much like Wandy did. Bader has shown good standup as well as submission skills in the octagon. I think that as of late Jardine has shown a suspect chin. I think Bader gets the win either by KO or TKO stoppage due to punches. Sad too because I like Jardine and his quirkiness and he NEEDS to win real bad.

#18 ·
Bader by UD or SD. I think Kieth has a glass jaw and could even get pounded out by bader

#19 ·
woow awsome fight card,cant wait for ufc 110..ufc 107 has great fight card,,ufc 108 has i weak card,olny maybe main fight is good.,,ufc 109 is solid,but to bad that anderson silva isnt fighting with belfort at that card,i mean main fight couture vs coleman isnt so exiciting,,so i cant wait for ufc 107 and 110,those two gonna be awsome event...

#23 ·
A very solid fight, and I have Bader taking it by TKO in the second round.

110 is shaping up to be a good event.

#26 ·
Which is weird, because I've seen every jardine fight. His chin is random, against rampage he should have been KOed like 3 times. It is weird, not sure about that, but depending on him he can be easily KOed or not lol.

#27 ·
I like both these fighters and want to see both of them get a few more wins in the octagon. However, Keith Jardine is my boy, and you gotta' have faith in Greg Jackson's camp.

The only time Keith has been knocked out was from top level competition, and I don't think that makes his chin questionable.

RANT/ I always here people talking about fighters with glass chins just because they've been knocked out once or twice. But you have to consider the level these athletes are competing at, someone is LIKELY to get knocked out. It's not the fighters chin but the angle and the momentum of the punch which you as a viewer cannot gauge. /RANT

Anyways;
With training partners like Nate Marquart, and Rashad Evans you can expect The Dean of Mean to be well prepared for anything. Jacksons camp is just so stack and these guys are all growing from each other. I predict a more refined Keith with a great gameplan.

Jardine via KO/TKO 2 round

#29 ·
Nice to see Bader step up against bigger and bigger named guys. They might be trying to make 205 the TUF Champion made weight class: Griffin, Evans, now Bader.

if Bader does good against Jardine, then gets one more Big Name in (maybe aforementioned Griffin & Evans; maybe Vera, Silva or Ortiz) he may be getting himself a title run by 2011.

#30 ·
Hell throw a title fight on this one and it would be perfect :thumbsup: great card thus far i think bader takes it by ko like alexander took it i think Jardine will underestimate him i think Cro cop takes his match up hands down
now the bonnar soszynski fight i think will be a war either ending by TKO or Sub for who i dont know yet and nothing bad about bisbing but i think wandy by KO 2 rd:pray02:

#33 ·
wow exciting fight ... it's always fun when rising talent finally climbs up to the big guns with the gateway fight. I'll give this to Bader by TKO rd 2, because Jardine has shown far less consistency and discipline than Bader so far. But you never know with the Dean, I never thought he'd dismantle Chuck and Vera like he did ... his fights are always fun.

#34 ·
WOW. This is a huge test for Bader, but I love it. I say Jardine takes this one. He trains with very solid wrestlers, and without a doubt is refining his stand up. I think it's easy to overlook how much more technical is stand up has been getting with his recent loss to Thiago Silva, but don't be fooled, Jardine is ever improving.

I'm also very interested in seeing Kim and Lytle. I think Lytle is a durable fighter and a battle for anyone. We'll see how it goes.

#35 ·
WOW. This is a huge test for Bader, but I love it. I say Jardine takes this one. He trains with very solid wrestlers, and without a doubt is refining his stand up. I think it's easy to overlook how much more technical is stand up has been getting with his recent loss to Thiago Silva, but don't be fooled, Jardine is ever improving.
This. Nice post.

#36 ·
I haven't seen Bader fight much. In the standup, is he a counter-puncher or a walk forward guy? Jardine always hangs with counter punchers (Liddell, Forrest, Rampage) because he takes the space they give him but he gets obliterated by aggressive guys (Wandy, Alexander, Silva).

Anyone want to enlighten me?

#42 ·
If Bader is smart, he'll rush in like a madman, swinging for the fences (Like Wandy/Alexander) if he's a moron, he'll sit back and get picked apart with leg kicks (like Chuck/Rampage). What we haven't really seen in Jardine's last few fights is his ground game, Bader might want to just take him down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.