MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Machida vs Rua II in May

View Single Post

Old 12-02-2009, 03:45 PM   #58 (permalink)
TheAxeMurderer
Amatuer

TheAxeMurderer will become famous soon enoughTheAxeMurderer will become famous soon enoughTheAxeMurderer will become famous soon enoughTheAxeMurderer will become famous soon enoughTheAxeMurderer will become famous soon enoughTheAxeMurderer will become famous soon enoughTheAxeMurderer will become famous soon enoughTheAxeMurderer will become famous soon enoughTheAxeMurderer will become famous soon enoughTheAxeMurderer will become famous soon enoughTheAxeMurderer will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
For my sake, haha. Like I'll be somehow nonplussed just because of a fight outcome.

Machida hasn't shown a whole lot of adaptation ever since he became a striker instead of a grappler. I guess we'll see if he figures out a way to change his strategy.

All I know is that, Shogun only has to do the same thing one more time to rightfully win. Machida has to change his entire style. Which sounds harder?
I see what you're saying, and in a way I agree with you. However, I do think Machida will go into the next fight with a fresh gameplan. I do not necessarily believe that Machida will come in and dominate Rua, nor do I believe Rua will dominate Machida. Personally, I think it will be another great fight, however this time I do believe there will be a decisive win, for whoever takes it. I know that Rua will be hungry after his questionable defeat, but I also know that Machida will be eager to show that he is for real this time.

For the record, I do believe that Rua won the first fight even though I wanted machida to win, I suppose I just have more faith in Lyoto than some others do, I really expect him to bring it in the 2nd fight.

HW: Arlovski, CroCop, Mir
LHW: Wandy, Rampage, Liddell
MW: Marquardt, Silva, Franklin
WW: GSP, Hughes
LW: Penn

ALWAYS backin my boy Matt Hammill, BISPING IS A TOOL, WAR HAMMILL!
TheAxeMurderer is offline   Reply With Quote