MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Machida vs Rua II in May
View Single Post
post #58 of (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
For my sake, haha. Like I'll be somehow nonplussed just because of a fight outcome.

Machida hasn't shown a whole lot of adaptation ever since he became a striker instead of a grappler. I guess we'll see if he figures out a way to change his strategy.

All I know is that, Shogun only has to do the same thing one more time to rightfully win. Machida has to change his entire style. Which sounds harder?
I see what you're saying, and in a way I agree with you. However, I do think Machida will go into the next fight with a fresh gameplan. I do not necessarily believe that Machida will come in and dominate Rua, nor do I believe Rua will dominate Machida. Personally, I think it will be another great fight, however this time I do believe there will be a decisive win, for whoever takes it. I know that Rua will be hungry after his questionable defeat, but I also know that Machida will be eager to show that he is for real this time.

For the record, I do believe that Rua won the first fight even though I wanted machida to win, I suppose I just have more faith in Lyoto than some others do, I really expect him to bring it in the 2nd fight.

Fav Fighters

HW: Arlovski, CroCop, Mir
LHW: Wandy, Rampage, Liddell
MW: Marquardt, Silva, Franklin
WW: GSP, Hughes
LW: Penn

ALWAYS backin my boy Matt Hammill, BISPING IS A TOOL, WAR HAMMILL!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome