Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

ring girl req

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  teampunishment 
#1 ·
the chix that hold up the round numbers should have at least a color belt in some martial art or some boxing experience. (isn't that how joe rogan got that gig, he was a boxer for 5 minutes or something before he got on newsradio??) not someone showing them one time how to throw a lame girly jab/cross. the mma audience is comprised of way more women than spike tv thinks.

#3 ·
K9forLife said:
I do have to agree with you there. Dana White has often made comments about the 'target' audience which is primarily males 18+ but I think you are right they are really missing the boat if they don't realize the potential female audience.

True but are there enough women who compete MMA to put them out there with out it being laughable.. ???we discussed women fighters before they have thier own thread.. It would be cool to see as long as they are run the same way the men are.. I do not want to see a hair pulling slap fight.. as for the ring girls not sure what experience they have if any. but it would be cool if they do.. though is there is not reaslly a need for that position its kind of a hold over from boxing which is just kinda outdated and anything MMA can do to distance it self from boxing the better.

#5 ·
adminmma said:
that would interesting, but im not sure the general public is ready to see their women fighting in a ring. We're still getting over women going to war :(
well womens boxing is pretty good some of those women can really bang.. everyone thought it was going to be a joke.. but a few of the women have even beaten men of the same weight class...

#6 ·
Laila Ali is badass. :thumbsup:

#7 ·
K9forLife said:
I do have to agree with you there. Dana White has often made comments about the 'target' audience which is primarily males 18+ but I think you are right they are really missing the boat if they don't realize the potential female audience.
They don't but they are on Spike which is the 'men's network' in the USA.

I like them how they are, Rachelle is sweet enough, I'd rather have her doing it than someone like Jazz from ECW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.