MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Brock still VERY sick

View Single Post

Old 12-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
Coosh
Flyweight

Coosh is a jewel in the roughCoosh is a jewel in the roughCoosh is a jewel in the roughCoosh is a jewel in the roughCoosh is a jewel in the roughCoosh is a jewel in the roughCoosh is a jewel in the roughCoosh is a jewel in the roughCoosh is a jewel in the roughCoosh is a jewel in the roughCoosh is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
Nah there's no way it could be true. Brock has a pretty solid amount of muscle and not too much fat, you lose muscle the slower than fat when you're like that. He's been sick for two months now? I can't picture him losing 25lbs/month. Maybe though.

By the end of all this though he could really be a TON smaller though. Which would be sort of ironic - since some jerks say he wins by size alone. If he comes back and he's only weighing in at like 235 ish (pretty average HW size I think?) that'd be interesting to say the least.

I had the same kind of injury as Mir. I was hit by a motorcycle and it shatter my femur bone. However, it's not what you're implying. It's not like a spinal injury where you have to relearn how to walk for real. It's just regaining the muscle. It's absurd to compare an intestine rip and mono to a simple broken bone.

And there's simply no way to put 100lbs of muscle on while training in a year. While training full time it's extremely difficult to put even 15lbs of muscle on in a year.
Well you must of misread my post because I didn't say he lost or put back on 100 lbs of muscle. Just that he lost and put on 100 lbs. Just as whatever weight Brock has lost so far is certainly not all muscle mass.

When the body is starved of hydration, food and activity, from spending time in hospital, the weight comes back much faster that an athlete who is already at his peak and trying to push his physical limits. Especially for somebody with Brock's genetics.

Brock's case will be interesting though, because his condition has a direct impact on his food intake, so I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.
Coosh is offline   Reply With Quote