MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What's next for Jon Jones?

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #33 (permalink)
Ruckus
Big Dawg

Ruckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He CrossesRuckus Is Respected By All He Crosses
I agree with the fight should have been over long before the illegal elbow(s). That being said, Jones is still a little rough around the edges albeit highly impressive IMO. Vera would be a great match up for him and I think he has enough speed and defense to nullify those legkicks. Jardine would also be a good fight just because of the awkwardness of style. Personally I'd rather see Lil Nog fight Forrest and if Jones gets past his next oppponet the two winners would face off. I also don'tt think the UFC would put of their top prospects up against each other but I would also love to see a Bader/Jones fight.

On a side note, and I may be stretching this a bit, however I think that Jones' style is similar to that of AS, just lacking the precision of the Spider. This dude's potential is scary good and after a couple of fights against some of the Top 10, I wouldn't count him out against anyone in the division.