MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - On Behalf of Bones

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
On Behalf of Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan @ MMAOpinion
A lot of controversy always surrounds officials when they make decisions about whether or not a fighter should be disqualified, and sometimes I feel its important to jump to the defense of a referee. Last night was not one of those times.

Steve Mazzagatti’s call during the Lesnar fight was one everyone seems to agree was moronic, but his jumpy tendencies in last night’s fight between Jon Jones and Matt Hamill was one of the worst pieces of officiating in the history of mixed martial arts, and perhaps one of the worst calls in the history of professional sports.

Whether NSAC chooses to overturn the call, and I think they absolutely should, is up to them, but I figured (just for the people who aren’t entirely clear on exactly what went wrong, or on some of the details of officiating) I’d lay out exactly why Mazzagatti should never be allowed to referee a high profile event like that again.
Click here for the rest.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote