Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

whats next for kimbo

7K views 72 replies 50 participants last post by  aimres 
#1 ·
Who do you think Kimbo is going to fight next
what weight class do you think Kimbo will fight in

Reactions: The Horticulturist
#44 ·
At this point I really don't care what's next for Kimbo. He is terrible. Working hard to improve which I respect, and seems like a cool guy but terrible. Houston has awful leg kicks, just awful and he was still giving Kimbo problems with them. Anyone with decent thai would tear his leg off. Also everyone is bitching about Houston circling away the whole fight, which he did and it was lame but Kimbo just spun around with him. All he had to do was walk him down at an angle and cut him off anytime he wanted but he never did.

#49 ·
As the sport continues to grow in popularity and mainstream acceptance, let's hope that we get to see more fights from guys like Mark Bocek.

However fight promotions are businesses, and if they happen upon a draw, they're going to run it as long and as hard as they can.

#51 ·
Well they're gonna feed him brawlers with no ground game for now so he can show off his new takedown/ground game and then knock them out. I dunno if it's just me, but Kimbo looked f***ing HUGE compared to Houston, so he'd be a big 205'er if he's smart and decides to cut.

#52 ·
You know what I'd really like, maybe not the next fight but somewhere down the line? Kimbo Vs Chuck. Two brawling KO artists. With Chuck not quite elite level any more and Kimbo below it too, it would be a bangin good fight. Plus I think they're not too far in the weight difference, and Kimbo's up there in age too. That is if Chuck isn't retired for good.

Plus I remember Chuck sort of calling out Kimbo when he was getting all this hype in Strikeforce and Chuck was still top of the heap in the UFC, something about Kimbo "beating up bums behind taco bell". Could be some nice bad blood there too, and think of the PPV numbers these two guys would pull.

#54 ·
kimbo vs antoni hardonk- he just lost and he is a brawler unless im wrong
kimbo vs stephan bonnar- brawler so could go either way

im excited to see him fight again i know some people have said they werent impressed with him but he improved a ton since his fight with roy

#60 ·
I was thinking about the free part. There is no way that the UFC will throw Kimbo onto a main card yet(I think...) but they won't be throwing him on a preliminary card because then they can't hype the crap out of him. My conclusion. The next time we will see Kimbo is on a fight night, probably in about 6 months time or so I am guessing.

Soszynski is fighting Bonnar at 110 just so you know.

#62 ·
While I do agree that Kimbo looked better than he has...his performance was still pretty dismal. Don't get me wrong, the slams totally caught me off guard. Even more of what caught me off guard was Alexnder's performance though, and I don't think I have to say anything beyond that cause I know I am not alone. The biggest most glaring aspect of Kimbo's game is his cardio. After watching him fight Houston, it really made me wonder if Kimbo's strongest days were fighting in back yards. At least then he had explosive power and anger issues. Now he just bends over backward to kiss everyone's asses...including the fans.

#64 ·
Give him James McSweeney or Matt Mitrione, if the UFC decides to give them short term contracts (which is only fair after their performances on Saturday night). It would work because these guys are still at the point where it wouldn't surprise me if Kimbo KO'd them.
OR
They could also bring in Seth Petruzelli. It would make for a good story to sell on a ppv undercard or even a UFN main event.

#67 ·
I wouldn't mind seeing kimbo with a guy like bonner. Bonner is a company guy and you know he will not run around in a circle in hope of getting a decision. Also a win by Bonner or Kimbo would help set the winner up as "relevant" again in the company.

For all those hating on kimbo, what the hell did you expect. Was Kimbo impressive in this fight? NO. But did he meet or exceed my expectations: YES!
It was a sloppy fight and tbh, pretty boring most of the way. But I really can't fault Kimbo when Houston thought he was the next machida. If Houston alexander can get 6 fights in the UFC, then I don't think we should hate on Kimbo.
The man is humble and just wants to bang. How is that different from a guy like Chris Lytle. I know Lytle is a black belt bjj but he hasn't even tried to take it to the ground forever.

I think UFC need fighters like Kimbo to test the up and comers, fill out the roster and of course give entertainment value to fight cards in search for a spark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.