MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - CD's Love-Hate Station: Junior Dos Santos

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Xerxes
<= MODERATOR=>

Xerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By AllXerxes Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoveraki View Post
How can you compare GSP and Valesquez then say you're not comparing them? GSP was worlds above his opponents in top control, jiu jitsu, and take downs. Valesquez is actually way below JDS in jiu jitsu and waaaay below him in striking.
Ugh.. My point wasnt to compare GSP with Cain, but to show you how silly your 'TDs don't KO you..' argument was.

TDs score you points, wear your opponents down and completely nullify your opponents' striking.

TDs + good top control score you points, nullify your opponent's bottom game and win you rounds/fights (most of the time).

Quote:
And whatdya mean, a few weeks ago he was a purple belt? I can't find any record of that. It's not like you go from purple to brown in a month.
I remember checking his Wiki before the CC fight and it said purple belt.

I'm tired now but will provide you with a link later.

Quote:
A brown belt is leagues above purple, that transition is hard to achieve. Not to mention, a belt from Maia and Nog means a lot more than basically any other teacher in MMA.
Source?

Quote:
And unless he has nog-esque sweeps? He is learning BJJ sweeps from Nog... pretty likely chance.
We havent seen jack of his ground game, yet you're convinced he's some kind of Nogueira on the ground who can sweep a good wrestler with good top control or sub them off his back. I'll believe it when I'll see it.

Not because he's being taught by Nog that his pure BJJ skills will translate as well as theirs in a MMA context.

Again, not everybody has the chin and heart of a Big Nog and is willing to take several shots to set up their sweeps or subs.
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote