MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - On Behalf of Bones

View Single Post

Old 12-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjr View Post
I understand Dana has no say, but I find it hard to believe that he can't get a referee removed.
Dana doesn't have that kind of political clout when it comes to the commission. People forget how much diplomacy it took to get MMA sanctioned in Nevada (a state where the Fertitta's are taken very seriously).

Frankly, the Nevada State Athletic Commission guys do a good job, most of the time, and they are good at keeping promoters from getting too manipulative. That's one of the reasons Keith Kizer gets so much respect from MMA journalists.

But Dana is right on this one and Kizer is just plain wrong.

When Dana is right, I certainly hope people have the common sense to listen to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
He can probably read lips, but it was still a clusterf*ck.
I think he was probably looking at two or three different Mazzagatti's right then, anyway. He was definitely out of it.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote