MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - argument over elbows

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2007, 07:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
jamlena
Sensei

jamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hugjamlena Needs A Hug
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmyz
Just because you dont know how to use them doesnt mean that the fist is more powerful. Think about it lodgically if you punch properly the power from your punches comes from back and your feet. If you do an uppercut properly you barely move your hands and all. Hooks are more hips and legs right crosses are back. The force from the punch is exactly the same the difference is the contact surface. One is a pointed edge the other is two knuckles.
To tell you the truth man I have been in the Martial Arts for 18 years and have studied everything from elbow strikes to BJJ, I am by no means an expert but I do know a "little" something about striking and MMA. You have your opinion and I have mine, but my opinion is backed up by:
1) Years and years of training & teaching
2) Physics (can't argue with Science )
3) Research (look at how most MMA fighters KO people out)
it's the "law of averages"

Favorite Fighters:

Chuck Liddell
Rich Franklin
Diego Sanchez
jamlena is offline   Reply With Quote