MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - New To It All...

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
swpthleg
Curitiba Food and Liquor

swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge 0 Boss View Post
thanks for the push man appreciate it..and yea the reason i wanna get into it, kinda personal, less than a year ago i was 385 lbs, i'm now down to 295 lbs, and wanna do something to challege myself that obiviously i couldn't have done before at nearly 400 lbs. But i hear what your saying i mean i've also talked to a few guys at the gym i lift weights at that are into boxing that said i would be good for fit for a puncher/boxer. due to my build, and not to listen to the other guy about my arms being short. while my arms are only 25.5 inches. my back is 23 inches wide. so that helps my reach. So roughly 74 inch reach they also said that i would be able to probably take some good punches due to me having such a big neck, i think its 20.5 inches last time i got measured for a tux. they were telling me how a large neck helps absorb blows to the head. is there any truth to any of that? also is 74inches really that short of a reach?
Find a gym that will train you in a striking art, a grappling art, and basic boxing, eat lean protein and complex carbs (which you've probably already been doing in order to lose so much weight) and you'll be well on your way.

Welcome to the forum, BTW.

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote