MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Five Bouts announced for UFC 109

View Single Post

Old 12-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
Canadian Psycho
You're Welcome.

Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
Tito and Liddell are coaching the new TUF and then fighting each other, and Couture/Coleman are HEADLINING (yes, headlining!) a UFC fight card. And those were just examples of fighters, the list goes on beyond that. There is no hyperbole here, the UFC needs to bring in good young fighters like Jon Jones or else they are going to die off in the near future once their big names retire and get old.
My point was made, and it was sound. We don't see the aforementioned fighters ALL of the time. Aside from Couture who, outside of his last fight, has always proved to be exciting. I reiterate... Liddell and Ortiz are only just coming back after lengthy hiatuses, and we very rarely see Coleman. Besides, I still don't know what your gripe is. Is it that there aren't many 22 year old prodigies in the UFC? Okay... that I can agree with. But no young talents to take over for the legends of yesteryear? Um, GSP isn't young? Machida and Lesnar and Penn aren't young? The Nog brothers aren't young? Florian and Sanchez aren't young? Fitch and Alves aren't young? I could conjure up a pretty big list of my own.

It's very rare we see a young twenty something like Jon Jones come along. Most fighters spend their early twenties working up through lesser organizations attempting to establish themselves and perfect their skills. I respect that you have your own opinion, but to attempt to declare that the UFC is primarily made up of old fogies is a tad silly. Contrary to what you might believe, anyone in their mid-twenties to early 30s can, for all intents and purposes, be considered young.

Last edited by Canadian Psycho : 12-08-2009 at 07:59 PM.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote