MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - argument over elbows

View Single Post

Old 01-31-2007, 10:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Onganju
Outta My Head

Onganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level nowOnganju is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamlena
OK, I see your point but that is not what the origianl question was, the question was not are elbow strikes more effective but instead are elbow strikes more effective in KO's, and it simply cannot be argued that elbows are more effective at KO's than punches or kicks due to physics and body mechanics,if elbows were so powerful at KO's every other MMA fighter would practice elbow strikes relentlessly and would try to clinch each and every time, but they know that there is no KO power like the very end of a full punch or kick. Well that's my opinion anyway.
Actually... The OP asks 3 questions.

1) He asks whether they are effective. I say they are, but I do agree that most knock outs don't come from elbows. I openly state: "Statistically speaking, most KOs in MT matches come from Punches followed by High Kicks."

2) He asks whether they are used just to open cuts. I simply state that good elbow are more likely to open cuts.

3) He asks where they are most effective. I simply state in the clinch and on the ground. I don't think there's any argument against that. I'm not going to tell anyone to open their fights with a step-in or spinning elbow strike.

The other details is just me trying to add relevant information.

Queng leon queng tigre ecu tacacut, queca pa? - Pampangan Mandarigma Motto

My Blog <--READ IT!
Onganju is offline   Reply With Quote