MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones's Management to Protest Loss

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2009, 03:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
tlilly
Flyweight

tlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By Alltlilly Is Beloved By All
I believe the fight was rightfully stopped because Hamil could not continue fighting. I think the major discussion will be based on if this was because of Hamil's dislocated shoulder or because of the effects (the cut) from the illegal elbows.

I personally thought Hamill could not continue because of the shoulder as alluded by him with his brief interview with Joe Rogan after the fight. If this is the case I think it should be ruled a no contest (or even a win by Jones) because the injury happened prior to the illegal blows.

I also agree with the management that the referee (Steve Mazzagatti?) handled the situation incorrectly when he verbally asked Hamill if he could continue fighting. He should have asked for a translater to communicate with Hamill.
tlilly is offline   Reply With Quote