MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anyone else have a feeling Rampage will end up with Strikeforce?

View Single Post

Old 12-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Hank Jr
Banned

Hank Jr has a little shameless behaviour in the pastHank Jr has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Perosnally I am guessing that Jackson has the typical UFC contract like most fighters. With the clause that the UFC can renew or not; but Jackson can't choose to renew or not; and in accordance with that clause he can't switch organizations even after the number of fights in his agreement is up, if the UFC wants to renew at that point.

Jackson is a good fighter and an entertaining personality so I don't see White letting him go, if they have that option.

Jackson wanting to retire instead of just leaving the UFC could be a hint that this clause is in place. I just don't think it is likely that he was ready to quit, since he is coming back to the UFC.

And to the original question- yes, it is likely he would be in Strikeforce eventually, contractual obligations permitting, just not likely imo.

Last edited by Hank Jr : 12-09-2009 at 12:47 PM.
Hank Jr is offline   Reply With Quote