MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - fighting a giant...need help

View Single Post

Old 02-01-2007, 04:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
mrmyz
Bantamweight

mrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura aboutmrmyz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishiro
you are a fool to think ahead in a fight, such as giving me a reach around... if you ever mixed it up you know in a fight plans rarely happen the way you want it.

good for you your a cop so you have seen what happends in the street, but that is only when you are called. i have lived in some bad spots in my life, so i have seen what happends before your called, i seen what happends when the witness "didn't see anything", i seen what happends when the witness stories don't match. and you as a cop, i hear you guys always *****ing about these problems.

as i said it is rare to get a one on one fight, but if it happends go with what you know. or what ever is working at that time.

few things i street fights i have learned in my life,#1 relax & revert to your training, #2 no police are there when it is going down (they tend to come after), #3 there is no fair street fight

i have seen fights happen and they are down the block watching, waiting for backup, the adverage time for back up to arrive is 8-12min. most fights don't last that long......
the average time for back up to arrive is far less then 8 - 12 minutes for one especially if it is a violent disturbance I dont need to call for back up because multiple units have already been dispatched so the longest I would have to wait to go in would probably be less then a minute because several units are being dispatched.

Secound of all I could care less what you learned in the streets because I have seen far worse in the streets of Afghanistan. Dont come with the im from a ruff part of town because the ruffest part of your town isnt any where near as bad as half of the fights attacks that I managed to live through.

You have to anticipate before you act not doing so would be fool hardy. Even pro fighters do that they dont just go in the ring and fight they watch video of their opponent and based on that they develop a strategy to combat their opponent.

Even Bas Rutten in his self defense video teaches the same things I have told you. Ill take Bas' opinion over yours since his thoery has been battle tested time and again in various bar fights.