MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - My UFC 107 Perdiction Mir vs Kongo

View Single Post

Old 12-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
BJJ-team
MMA Fanatic

BJJ-team has a little shameless behaviour in the past
My UFC 107 Perdiction Mir vs Kongo

One thing I can tell you about this fight even before it takes place is that Cheick Kongo (20-5) will not make a show of it with his grappling ability. Though he can strike, his grappling ability is so poor that it is not even worth mentioning. About six months ago Kongo made a visit to Vancouver Canada and stopped by to roll with the guys from Adam Ryan’s Dynamic MMA and as well as some Marcus Soares Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu fighters. A standout in the group with his MMA experience and black belt in jiu-jitsu under seventh degree BJJ black belt Marcus Soares, Ryan was able to toy with Kongo on the ground, however, many other guys ranging from blue, purple, and brown belts in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu were also able to dominate Kongo. Kongo came to the club to give the typical weekend MMA warrior a chance to roll with a pro, yet had to go full out as he was being blatantly pimped on the ground. It was only through sheer size and freak strength he was able to survive.

read full preview

http://fighting-mma.com/mma-matchups...eick-kongo.php