Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Watch 107 weigh-in live today

4K views 62 replies 27 participants last post by  Uchaaa 
#1 ·
4PM ET, Sportsnet.ca. That's the info I have. Don't blame the messenger if it doesn't work but worth a try.

#33 ·
If I recall correctly, Mir came in toned and in shape for the UFC 100 weigh-in. A lot of people were impressed by how well he looked, but today he looked a lot bigger. We'll have to see if he is a better fighter for it tomorrow or if he gasses easier with those bigger muscles.

#37 ·
Mir is not going to be slower, nor is he going to gas quicker, noobs. Did you not watch the countdown? He is not doing some dumb bodybuilding-hypertrophy routine, he is doing heavy compound lifts, mixed with strength-endurance type training. He is gaining good mass, not just muscle mass.

And being quick is not going to help against someone like Lesnar, Mir gaining size and strength is very important.

#39 ·
Lol @ Kongo not facing Mir.

Mir looks great. He looks a lot leaner, toned, and thicker. A 20 lbs increase in good mass is going to be a great thing for him. Lets see if he hits harder and has stronger grappling now. I'm pulling for Mir all the way on this one.

So I guess Diego's strength and conditioning program included toning his face muscles?

#42 ·
Good on Mir. You can definitely see the difference in size, and I'm glad that his loss to Brock motivated rather than broke him. In an ideal world, we'll see Mir defeat Kongo, Big Nog defeat Cain, which will lead to Mir vs. Nog II, the winner of which will go on to face the winner of Carwin vs. Lesnar. And they say the HW division is in ruins... it all comes down to planning.

And I'm in love with Logan Stanton.

#61 ·
My thoughts exactly.
Prior to watching the weigh ins I came on here and people were saying Mir weighed in at 264.5. Right away I pictured a bloated, fluffy, out of shape Mir and then I watched the countdown and the weigh ins. DAMN! Mir is ripped.
This fight is going to be very intense, Mir REALLY got under Kongo's skin in this one. You can tell that Cheick is genuinely pissed off.

I'm gonna be rooting for Mir, but Kongo seems extremely focused and has the stand up to end the fight. I can't call this one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.